Thursday 27 February 2014

Thankful Thursday #4



Hello all! I do hope you are having a lovely week with plenty to be thankful for!

This week I am thankful for:

Little corners of my home coming together - I haven't done a lot of decorating in my new place yet because I really don't know which style (if any) I am going for, but I am incredibly thankful for the few pretty little nooks and crannies that are coming together now. I feel like a Sim - my environment meter is slowly and surely going up as bits of my home come together haha

Dad's retro surfboard - My dad gave me one of his old, retro surfboards on the weekend so that I can start learning while he makes me a new, custom board and I'm so thankful for both of these things! I love his old board. It's so cool!

Afternoon surfs after work - Thanks to my new board, some fine weather and living in one of the most beautiful places in the world, afternoon surfs have been happening this week. I'm only learning, but it has been so much fun and I am really going to miss the sun being out until after 7 when daylight savings ends!

Afternoon cups of tea with mum - I went and visited mum on Tuesday afternoon and sat and had a culpa with her while I taught her something on the sewing machine. It's a strange feeling teaching mum things to do with sewing when she is the one that originally taught me how to sew, but I really appreciated this it of time spent together. I miss her since moving out of home.

Lennox Head Pizza and Pasta - Jake bought us pizza for dinner tonight and oh my gosh it was so delicious! I am convinced I'm going to get fat living within walking distance of the pizza shop, but I am thankful for the delicious Moroccan lamb pizza and the little pizza shop it came from all the same.

Fiona O'Loughlin reading my review of her memoir and thanking me for it on twitter! I'm fan-girling. Holy shit! She is amazing and she put like a billion xxx's at the end of her thank you tweet! Totally star struck and gobsmacked and proud!

As always, a big thank you to Lisette and Leona for inspiring me to be more thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment