Friday 14 February 2014

Thankful Thursday #2

I miss this little dude! And my mummy.

This week, as the full reality of living out of home again and living with Jake sinks in, I definitely am finding it crucial to remember the little happy things throughout the day that I can be thankful for. So without further ado, this week I am thankful for:

Living by the beach - after a hard day of unpacking or working, afternoon bike rides for a swim at the boat channel, or simply kicking back with a cuppa and listening out the window to the soothing sound of rolling waves are greatly appreciated.

Jake mopping and vacuuming - this might should like a simple thing to be thankful for, but that's the point. Before we moved out, Jake's mum still made his bed and did his washing, so the fact that he has been willing to help with housework without prodding is a miracle to me and such a relief! So far, it's really helped us to avoid arguments.

Paying off my library fines - this week I paid off $17 of library fines that I have guiltily been avoiding for two years and started borrowing books again. Ever since, I've had my head stuck in a book. It's great!

My Arbonne support network - I don't want to get all soppy, but these girls are amazing. In Arbonne, you have a "team" of uplines and downlines and then you have sisterlines, who are linked to your team in other ways. Really, your success depends on the support of your upline, who should be checking up on you and helping you stay on track, and your downlines who you support in the same way. Their most important job is keeping you motivated and excited by the business and keeping your dreams alive. Well, my upline has sort of left Arbonne at the moment because she has enormous stress on her plate and family problems which are demanding her attention right now, and I totally understand that, but it makes things a bit difficult for me trying to do this thing without her support. Enter, my fantastic sisterline's District Manager, Rosie, who has taken me under her wing, made me feel a part of her group and offers me tremendous support with my business. The kind of support you expect from your upline. I can't thank her and her team enough for making me feel like one of them, and for keeping me motivated to succeed and passing on their knowledge to me. They don't know how much it means.

Living in Lennox Head - Seriously, this might be in every Thankful Thursday post forever now. I love this town so much! The atmosphere, being able to ride bikes everywhere, the friendly people who stop you randomly in the street for a chat, the singing barrista at my favourite coffee shop in town. This place is amazing and I don't think I'll ever get over it!

Last but not least, I am thankful to Lisette and Leona for inspiring me to be more thankful.



No comments:

Post a Comment